How do I find & watch a Replay?
After you finish playing a match, look for the download button in the upper right of the End of Game screen (next to Advanced Details).
Replays can also be found on your Match History screen. Once you’ve downloaded a Replay file (.rofl), the button should change to a new “Watch Replay” state . Click there to launch your Replay.
How long do Replays last?
Replays last for the length of a patch cycle, meaning they’ll expire once you patch up. For example, if you played a game on 7.11, you’ll be able to watch that Replay until 7.12 drops.
How do I share my Replays?
We’re exploring ways to help players share their Replay files (.rofl) with one another, but that’s not currently supported. At the same time, we’ve excited to see all of the video clips you take using the new Record Button.
Wait, there's a built in video recorder?!
Yep. Just click to start recording, watch your sick play, then click again to stop. We’re calling these video clips “Highlights” and they’re in the .webm format. Your Highlight will be saved on your computer in the following location:
(This path is also displayed when we confirm the Highlight was captured after you stop your recording). From there, you can upload it wherever you’d like to share with all of your friends.
What’s a .webm?
.webm’s are an open sourced video format that plays nicely with HTLM5. That means you can drag and drop those video files into Firefox & Chrome and they’ll automatically play. Additionally, we’ve found that VLC media player works well for playback.
Is the in-game chat included on the replay?
Only [All] chat is included in the replay.
Do I have replays available for an unlimited number of games?
No, only the last 20 games are available on the client.
Is it possible to download replays from another player?
Currently only your games are available.
I came across a bad behavior/trolling case while I was playing, can I send the replay to player support as a report?
No. You know the drill: if you see cases of trolling, intentional feeding or bad behavior, please report it after the game as usual.
Additional Pro Tips:
- Ctrl + V for starting and stopping the recording of a Highlight.
- Hitting [1,2,3,4,5 or Q,W,E,R,T] to move between different champions. (You can also click on a champion on screen or on their portraits on either side of the screen)
- Hitting [1,2,3,4,5 or Q,W,E,R,T] twice locks the camera on that champ. (You can also double-click on a champion on screen or on their portraits on either side of the screen)
- When you lock the camera on a specific champ, the marks on the timeline for their kills gets a little brighter, while all the other landmarks fade back. Hopefully this makes it easier to find a specific moment you’re looking for in a match.
- Holding down on the middle mouse button while panning allows you to move the camera more smoothly.
Highlight video quality settings
By default, Highlights are captured in 720p, but we've added in-game options that will allow you to set the video quality of your recorded Highlights. You can adjust these settings in-game while you are watching a Replay, before you begin recording a Highlight.
Replay Save Location Settings
You can choose where to save your Replays and Highlights through the settings in the client (under the "Replays" section).
What is the "Highlights" section under my profile?
In the Highlights section, you can view, rename, and delete your recorded Highlights from within the client. You can also quickly find your Highlights for easy drag-and-drop sharing to your favorite social media!