Generally, there are two places where you can change your hotkeys, in the game client and within the League Client Update. The latter allows additional keys that aren’t available within the game client.
In the game client, press Esc to open the Options menu where Hotkeys is located:
In the League Client Update, click on Settings (cog icon on the top right corner of the window), and click on Hotkeys:
To remove customization and go back to the standard keybindings, just click "Restore Defaults"
Most keys on a standard keyboard can be bound, however, there are a select few which you should take note of because using them.
- Shift (By itself)
- Control (By itself)
- Alternate (By itself)
- Command (By itself)
Can use, but have permanently bound functions:
These are the keys you should avoid using when possible, but you can choose to assign them at your own risk
- Escape - Can use (only bindable through League Client Update), but bound to close windows.
- Caps Lock - Can use (only bindable through League Client Update), but bound to caps lock.
- F9 - Can use, but bound to disable screen edge scrolling.
- F12 - Can use, but bound to take screenshot.
- Enter/Return - Can use, but bound to open chat window.
- Num Enter - Can use, but bound to open chat window.
- Command + Key - Can use (only bindable through League Client Update), but bound to existing macOS shortcuts.
- All other keys on standard keyboard.
- Mouse 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.