Creating a password seems easy, right? After all, how hard can it be to choose a word that grants you access to all your champions, skins, ruins, etc.?
But if we opt for the easiest option, we might also make it easier for ill-intentioned people who wish to steal it. So, when it comes to choosing the magical word that grants access to your account, always keep two things in mind: Choose carefully and don't reveal it to anyone.
If you play League on a shared computer or at a cybercafe, don't save it on a text document that other people can access. Don't give your password to your family or friends, no matter how much they insist. Oh, and obviously don't provide it for a website that promises free RP. Remember that Garena will never ask your password.
When it comes to choosing a password, try to avoid the obvious. Here are some tips on how to keep it safe from pirates (and we don't mean Gangplank).
- Don't use personal information that is easy to remember, such as your name, birth date, favorite champion, nickname or your pet's name.
- Try to include both lower and upper case letters, numbers and special characters.
- Install an antivirus software on your computer and always keep it up to date. These programs are necessary in order to keep others from accessing your data.
- Always keep your operating system updated.
- Don't give your password to anyone. Use it only on our official website and on the League of Legends client.
- Only trust emails sent from these addresses.