Re-downloading and reinstalling League of Legends from the latest setup file may resolve a variety of technical issues. New versions of the setup files are uploaded after every patch, so reinstalling the game from these files will result in a fully updated version of League of Legends. Reinstalling from the most recent version of the setup files ensures that any problems you experience with League of Legends are not caused by out-of-date or corrupted files.
Below is a walkthrough of the basic process of installing League of Legends on Windows, along with some common pitfalls.
- Open the Start Menu.
- From here, open Control Panel.
- Select "Programs and Features"("Add and Remove Programs" on Windows XP).
- Select "Garena - League of Legends" from the list.
- Select "Uninstall/Remove."
If you run into problems uninstalling League of Legends, this may indicate a larger problem within Windows. It may be a good idea to run a registry cleaner like CCleaner.
- Navigate to the directory where League of Legends was installed (C:\Program Files (x86) > GarenaLoL by default).
- Delete the old setup files you used to install the game. Kindly check the appropriate folder (e.g. Downloads or desktop) if you changed the directory.
- Delete any instances of LeagueofLegends.exe from your computer.
- Make a search by typing LoL and League of Legends in your Search Box to ensure all files are deleted.
- Restart the PC.
If you have experienced problems reinstalling the game in the past, you may want to consider running a registry cleaner before reinstalling the game.
CCleaner is a common registry cleaner that many players have found useful. You may also want to try creating a new Windows administrative account in the Control Panel to install the game.
Make sure you are using a Windows administrative account to install the game. Download the latest version of League of Legends from http://lol.garena.com/download/ or simply login to your Garena Messenger and click on the LoL icon to download the client.
We advice you not to change the installation directory and use the default path to avoid any unnecessary issues.