Email verification is a security measure in which the email address associated to your League of Legends account is authenticated. This will ensure that you are able to recover forgotten passwords and usernames with ease. Additionally, unauthorized changes to your email address and password can be prevented.
Why should I verify my email address?
Email verification is the first step to making your Garena and League of Legends accounts more secure. It will improve your protection against phising links and subsequent malware that may be be on your computer. The direct benefits you will receive when you go through the email verification process include:
- The ability to authorize email and password changes
- Easy and secure recovery of forgotten passwords
How do I verify my email address?
- Log into your Garena Username Account at: http://security.garena.com/login/
- Enter your login details.
- Enter the account details.
- You will receive an email from Garena. Please check your inbox or Spam folder for it.
- Under Account Protection, make sure that your email address is correct. This is where your verification email will be sent. Click on the blue "Verify" button once you are ready to proceed.
- Click on the link provided in the email.
- Congratulations! You have verified your email. You will now receive any account notifications and confirmations through this verified email.
What if someone verifies their email address on my account?
Don't worry -- we can help! If your account is currently compromised and you believe an incorrect email address was verified on your account, please follow the Account Recovery steps as usual and we will be happy to further assist you. For more information about this process, see the following articles:
Here are some other articles that may be useful as you recover your account: